Sunday, November 15, 2009

How do I convert all my MS Word Citations to superscript?

I've long had a battle with the new version of Word; things are never where I feel they logically should be, and I hate wasting time trying to find a feature that I *know* exists...somewhere.

Well, I'm here to say that in the very least, I love the way it manages citations.  I think it's saved me at least an hour or two tonight.

For this particular paper I was using ISO 690 citation format, just because I like the lack of clutter that things like MLA tends to bring.  I was a bit annoyed, however, that the default wasn't to have the numbers show as superscript.  Thankfully, a quick google search brought me to BibWord and I was able to insert a handy macro that converted all my citations with one click.

Now, if only Microsoft would make that feature standard...

No comments:

Post a Comment