Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interesting update on the LTE front

I just read an article about Verizon and MetroPCS plans for LTE rollout which was pretty interesting, given my recent paper LTE vs. WiMAX . Given the new projected estimates of their rollouts (and factoring in inevitable delays, time for them to deploy service to a market this size, etc), I'm comfortable saying that I'd rather wait for LTE than rush out and sign up for Clear (which, by the way, has a flashy new storefront at the intersections of 2 main highways here in town). I've never been much of an early adopter (except in the case of my HTC MyTouch android phone, which I adore. But even then, I had researched them pretty well before hand, and even bookmarked some references to use for android app development before the phone was even on the market). I like to hear real feedback from real people about the real performance of something before I invest my money and commit to a contract (though Clear does offer a month-to-month rate, the 2 year contract rate is of course cheaper). I'm just not convinced that WiMAX is worth the switch, and I'm content to wait it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment